Hey everyone. Welcome to another edition of Fanaticsport. In this post I would like to draw your attention to a serious condition that is sweeping the nation this time of year. This condition is called PPI and it is becoming a serious problem and I intend to put a stop to it.
- Boredom when watching the playoffs
- Asking painfully obvious questions like : “Who is playing today”
- Picking the winner of the game solely based on the team’s color
You should not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how PPI or Pre Playoff ignorance affects you. If you or a loved one is suffering from PPI please read this article. Together we can end Pre Playoff Ignorance.
The first step in Treating PPI, is understanding the structure of the NFL playoffs.
As you can see, The NFL is broken up into two conferences, the NFC and the AFC . These conferences produce division winners. The first and second division winners get a buy and the third and fourth play the two wildcard teams in “Wildcard Weekend.
The two winners of those two games play the first and second ceded divisional winners in the “Divisional Round”.
The four winners advance to the “Conference Round”
The winners of the conference round play in the “NFC and AFC Championship Game”.
The winners of those two games play in the “Super Bowl”
NFC Divisional game
In this post we will be going over the NFC Divisional r game between the Seattle Seahawks and The Carolina Panthers. Both teams have had to overcome challenges this season , but the Panthers have had to overcome a lot this season, take a look:
- During the off-season the QB for the Panthers, Cam Newton, had ankle surgery.
- In a preseason game against New England, Cam Newton suffered a hairline rib fracture and missed the start of the season.
- The Panthers started off 3-0. Unfortunately they went on to lose their next six games.
- The Panthers were plagued with injuries this season Running backs DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart have been injury prone this year. Williams has only played in four games and Stewart has only played in seven.
- To make matters even worse, on December 9th 2014, Cam Newton was in a car crash that left him with two transverse stress fractures in his lower back.
Despite all the injury’s the Panthers still managed to become the first team to win the NFC South two years in a row. Last Saturday the Panthers Defeated the Arizona Cardinals 27-16. The Panthers defense held the Arizona offense to a record setting low of 77 offensive yards.
The adversity continues:
- Earlier this week the head coach for the Panther’s head coach, Ron Rivera’s house caught on fire.
Panther Vs Seahawks keys to the game
If the Panthers want to win they are going to have to do three things
- Contain Seahawk’s Quarterback, Russell Wilson, by keeping him in the pocket and using their defensive line coupled with strong play by the Linebacker duo of Luke Kuechly and Charles Johnson, who combined for 13 tackles against Arizona .
- Stop the Seattle running game which is ranked first in the NFL in rushing yards.
- Score more points! LOL
If Seattle wants to win, they will also have to do three things
- Take away Newton’s favorite target; 6’ 5” rookie receiver Kelvin Benjamin.
- Attack the Panthers secondary; the weakest part of the defense.
- Run the ball and control the pace of the game
I believe that the Panthers have a shot to win this game, but they have to have their best game of the year. The Seahawks are the best team defensively, so if the Seahawks offense can score early they will be very hard to beat. Vegas is giving the Seahawks the win 14-25. I think it will be a much closer game. I predict an upset 26-21, Panthers
NFL mean tweets !
top ten NFL plays in the last 25 years.
Top ten touchdown celebrations.
That’s it for this post. Be sure to like my Facebook page and follow me on twitter @Fanaticsport.
Fanaticsport over and out!